Head of Engineering Design
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in aeronautical, mechanical, avionics or similar engineering disciplines.
- Graduate of an aviation or military school and / or holding an MS/ MBA is a plus
- Minimum 10-15 years of related experience with at least 5 years in the following areas; military aviation
services, particularly in the military aircraft maintenance, repair environment and related overhaul
programs, engineering changes/aircraft systems, modifications and other aircraft related engineering,
including; design, repair, modification certification, testing, etc. and similar development.
English Language Communication Skills
- Strong knowledge of the MRO and military aviation business environment
- Must have extensive experience in a Design Organization, where extensive knowhow can be reflected
around internal growth and development of PART 21 certification and DOA, PMA approvals at least.
- Must Possess extensive experience and expertise in the field of engineering support, its materials and
various maintenance aspects like planning, production, testing, certification etc.
- Knowledge in design and analysis techniques (software/hardware) and familiar with the critical structural
& mechanical systems, components for different types of aircraft and/or helicopters
- Good experience in organizational, intermediate and depot level engineering support including planning,
quality and military aircraft trades as applicable to the section.
- Possess a high degree of professional maturity capable of providing technical and administrative
direction or advice for the others and related functions supporting engineering.
- Qualified to support Engineering department with his/her trade requirements.
- Logistics support, planning, certification, system, design, and field support engineering experience will
- be a high plus.
- Excellent technical knowledge of aircraft related engineering and technical experience with this aircraft
- platform (fixed wing/rotary) and its operational disciplines like planning, maintenance, reliability, safety,
- airworthiness, Verification, DER, DAR, CVE etc.) aspects.
- Ability to establish Integrated Product Teams (IPT) and create harmonious work environment.
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems (QMS), AS9110 and other globally accepted military/civilian
- aviation standards.
- Experienced working in Integrated Product Team (IPT) environment
- Good knowledge and understanding of airline maintenance and engineering operations.
- Sound knowledge in broad aircraft systems.
- Analytical Skills
- Engineering Analysis
- Interpreting Engineering data
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft suite of office product
- Strong attention to details and follow-through skills